Hi,
I'm looking for some opinions, before I go and do anything drastic, as I'm sure some out there know better than I, and if you would be so kind as to offer your opinion, I'll be most grateful.
Currently slowly restoring my 1905-1909ish Ross long HB target rifle, and at sometime in it's life, the wood has been cut down alla WW1 Sniper style, quite well done, so I don't mind it. The rifle is mostly stock, with the steel little screw type sight bridge and a BSA Martin rear sight, plus a nice front sight. All on, a slightly used full length Barrel. I've got a period correct Germanicon Goertz Certar sight to go with it and some mounts. I was intending on leaving it this way, as so many Sniper Rifles in my Grandad's Batt'n, can be seen modified in this way. My question is though... does this modification detract from the rifles original accuracy, and if so should I replace the wood and front Band/Cap, to restore it to it's original specification, or leave it. My main focus is on the functionality of the rifle, but can't find any answers out there in the web. Thanks very much for any help, Regards Ian
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.