Hello all!

I hope this finds you well! If you have a moment I am wondering if y'all could shed some light on my rifle for me. I recently acquired a M1917 or so I think. I have attached some photos to show you what's going on. I purchased the C. S. Ferris rifle on the topic but was unable to find the information I was looking for. The rifle is marked ERA with a serial of 882, quite low. No M1917s with this marking are written about in the Ferris book. However P14s were marked similarly. Also the receiver has what look to be some Britishicon or Canadianicon markings. Not sure honestly. Photos attached of those. The rifle has a bolt in the white. There is a partial flaming bomb visible on the bolt. Also a flaming bomb and eagle appear an the barrel with a large "C" stamp. The barrel is a WW1 era Eddystone with a 9-18 date. I have a hard tome imagining a factory rifle with this receiver and a 9-18 dated barrel. The rifle is chambered for 30.06. The rifle overall is a mixmaster. Could this have been assembled from parts? The stock has arsenal refurbishment markings as shown in the photos and is of the M1917 variety with no accommodations for a volley sight as a P14 would. The bolt stop spring rest seems to be of the P14 variety with cuts in two directions. Any idea what's going on here? Is this a mix of P14 receiver on a M1917 barrel? And is the low serial number a indication of something strange? And were white bolts common or was the finish possibly removed? I have seem photos of rifles with white bolts, but it does not seem to be the norm. The rifle came with a blue british sling, although I'm sure it is just an add on from the previous owner. I hope my assault of questions is not too much of an inconvenience, and any assistance is appreciated! If you are wondering the rifle shoots great! I have it sighted in and it has no problems blasting soda cans at 100 yards.

Thank you for your time,

Lazerwolf987
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.