Picked up a 1967 Ishapore 2A1 at a very small local show yesterday. All numbers match including the magazine. Excellent crown and muzzle, very clean barrel and chamber. Just the right amount of small dents and dings plus a rack number on the butt, it has character. Also no shortage of stampings on the metal and wood in a very Britishicon fashion. I'm in the process of cleaning out the cosmolene now.

My questions are: should the fore stock not be removed as I have read on several other boards? It doesn't seem much more difficult than a regular No1 other than 2 more screws.
Next I have read that the black paint on it was there for storage purposes only. I can see the parts I have removed are green parked underneath, should the paint be removed?
Lastly the stock is extremely dark almost like dark chocolate inside and out. Is this normal or is there some preservative on the wood that should be removed?

I'm hoping to get it back together and get it to the range this week so I can take it all apart to clean it again! I'll get some pics up of it when it's back together. Thanks for any input. - Bill
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.