Need some help figuring out if this rifle is a post war LB refurb. From reading a lot of old threads on the forum it seems the metal finish is key with original wartime rifles being "blued" and post war refurbs parkerized. Description of the wartime bluing is quite variable with some suggestions LB used the same "Du-lite" process as Savage. The attached photos were taken outdoors on a heavily overcast day with no flash or filters. The surface does appear "bluish" and doesn't seem to resemble the "parkerizing" I'm familiar with. But, while moderately reflective, it also doesn't look like the bluing I'm familiar with on, for example, pre-WW1 Smle's.

Other observations about the rifle: '42 dated 2-groove barrel with bore in new condition. All small parts with markings are LB (inc size zero bolt-head) with possible exception of rear sight. Forend stamped with serial.

I'd appreciate the thoughts of LB collectors- is this a post-war refurb? Photos of genuine original LB bluing would also be helpful. Regards.

Ridolpho
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.