Haven't posted for ages, but I'm literally a bit stuck with this one. My Remington p14, which I originally found, lost, and found again continues to shoot and operate as well as it ever did. The only fly in the ointment is that a previous owner has hacksawed of the bayonet lug. All matching numbers, good bore, all the markings on the stock still intact etc, so keen to get a bayonet for it. They cost a fortune here in Australiaicon, when you can find one that is, but that is beside the point.

I stripped the rifle down very carefully to remove the front band, as I purchased a replacement one from Sarco, only to find I cannot get the front sight off. Totally destroyed a plastic mallet in the process, even though I had soaked it in penetrating oil, froze it, heated it up etc. Absolutely no damage to the front sight, which I wrapped in leather, and used timber as a buffer as well, but it did not budge at all..... The locating pin came out easy enough, but I am very reluctant to try any harder for fear of bubba'ing the thing. It appears to be totally seized on, or else a very tight interference fit.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.