I've been offered a Mauser that the seller claims is chambered in 30.06. I asked him what make/nationality, etc, he does not know. Had him send pics, which I am showing here, and it is kind of a head scratcher.
At first glance, you'd say 'VZ24'...which is what I thought. Seller states that there are zero markings on this rifle.
Muzzle is very short, darn near flush with the front sight base from what I can see.
The stock disc is '3006', which I believe is a rack number and not a caliber designation. Seller says he's never fired this rifle, and I suspect this rifle is in fact 7.92 (8 mm)
The numbers and 'suffix' are unusual to me...1511 M4 with a line running under this.
A star like marking on the front sight base screw.
This rifle looks as though it may have been refinished and reblued, but again, haven't seen it in person yet to determine.
Was hoping maybe the 'pattern' of numbers on the butt and number on the disc might give some idea as to what this is.
Thoughts welcome!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.