Threaded View

Last On
    08-26-2020 @ 12:54 AM
    Local Date
    05-03-2024
    Local Time
    06:03 AM

No4 Mk2 Another One For The Irish

Hey guys. I'm generally not a bolt action guy but I found this old clunker locally and, being that it looked like a good honest specimen and I don't think they've been imported for a long time, I decided to pick it up. I know very little about Britishicon bolt actions but I do have some slight idea what is what. I know it's just a plain jane Fazakerley made in November of 1954 but what attracted me to it was the fact that it has a nice patina and nobody has done any "enhancements" to it such as switching out parts, steaming the cosmolineicon out of the stock, sanding the stock, etc.. It also looks to have a pristine bore (I haven't swabbed the dust and cosmoline out yet though) and all of the numbers are matching right down to the No9 bayonet and scabbard. Anywho, I remember when these were being imported by the gadzillions for 90 bucks each but that was a while ago now.
    I guess what I'm asking is...do these things have any monetary value these days or are they still just clunky ol' shooters? I did a partial disassembly and, as far as I can tell, it's never been reworked nor had any parts replaced. If it's worth anything I might pass it along but I don't mind keeping it if it's worthless. The action is slick, stock fitment good and I'm sure it would make an excellent shooter. Here are a few pictures for you and I can take any others that you might want to see. Thanks!

Representative condition of the stock:

Most bunged up area:

Some serial numbers bits:

Last are just a few general pictures showing condition and import stamp:

Barrel looks to still have some storage cosmoline down there but it should come out mirror bright after a patch or two. In hand it's already has much more shine than the photo implies:

Anywho, any thoughts about value or just shooter would be appreciated. As I said, I'm not really much of a bolt action guy but this old clunker (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) just appealed to me. Thank you!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to Combloc For This Useful Post: