Hello:
My name is Mike Rakow and I am a long time reader and a recent member here. I am a cold war veteran of the US Army 82nd Airborne Division. My mother is doing some genealogical research for my family, and I am assisting with the military veterans.

Two relatives did not return from their overseas duties in WW II.
I have a cousin who was killed on Mortai Island (off the coast of New Guinea) in January, 1945. He is buried in the American Cemetery in the Philippines. I was able to locate his gravestone image on line.

I also have a cousin who was killed in Normandy 6/25/1944, near Cherbourg. He was with the 4th Infantry Division who landed on Utah beach. He is buried Normandy American Cemetery Colleville-sur-Mer, Franceicon. I have the row, plot and grave #. I cannot locate a photograph of his headstone anywhere in line. It is unlikely that I will visit there in person.

If anyone lives nearby to the cemetery, or is planning on visiting there anytime soon...I would be forever indebted if you could assist me in securing a photograph of his headstone.
Please let me know if you can assist.
Thanks in advance for reading this far.
Mike
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.