I have had a Sten Kit MKII lying here fo many years. Just now am going to build it to a semi auto configuration.

My first question is does anyone know anything about what all the Magwell markings mean? I will post pics. Just curious if it was actually made by the Britishicon, possible date of manufacture. Any other interesting things the stamping may show.

Second is a question on the build specifically. I have a semi tube coming from Indianapolis Ordinance. Shipped today so should see it late next week. I am also getting a semi bolt kit next month when they are back in stock.

I have a question on using a shorter than 16 inch barrel with a short paratrooper Pistol grip. I did talk to the ATF on the phone and the one person I did talk to thought I should be able to build a virgin receiver and use a Pistol grip with a sub 16" length barrel.

But another Agent may tell me something completely different. I am thinking it would be OK judging from building AR15 SBR pistols in the past.. But maybe they look at the Sten with completely different views as the stocks on the Stens may be more quick change adaptable. But then again it is even faster to slip a stock over a AR tube extension though. Makes sense, but maybe not to them.

Other wise I will have to go the SBR route through ATF. That will take another year to complete it or more. Hate too weld a extension on the barrel also. But will if it is the only expedient scenario.

I did ask IO about the pistol grip, but they would not provide any ATF info. Funny, they sell pistol grips and short barrels too. But know nothing about the rules

Pics hopefully.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.