Threaded View

Last On
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    02:43 AM

RFI SLR mag

I noticed this mag for sale last weekend which the vendor claimed to be ex Argentinian. I did point out that it looked like a SLR mag rather than a FN FAL mag but I then said that anything was possible because of the wide variety of small arms that was captured from Argentinaicon at the end of the Falklands war. I did go onto to purchase it purely on the grounds of the Indian markings. There is a significant dent near the bottom of the mag on one side and, as can be seen in the pics; also, as can be seen, there is a red band painted around the mag.

I wondered if anyone could explain the red band, please, and which country's military may have applied it? Is it in reference to the dent or does it signify something else, please? Did India, or indeed Argentina, mark some of their magazines in this manner with the red band? Did Argentina ever use any inch pattern SLR/FAL rifles in any numbers apart from the few that were captured from the UKicon, please?

Many thanks for any information and thanks for any replies.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Flying10uk; 03-23-2019 at 08:59 AM.