Gents,

I've stripped my old sporterized fore end and found somethings I don't understand. Looking at the photos below, you'll notice a photo of what I believe to be the original barrel band location. It was hidden beneath what appeared to be some sort of hardened putty. Does this look right to you? Is it at the proper location? It appears to be about 16 1/2 inches from the receiver end. If this IS the original location, it would mean that my replacement handguard is too long. You'll see in another photo that the two barrel band grooves (rear handguard and fore end) to not line up. If I adjust the rear hand guard (overlapping the chamber) to match the fore end, the tip of the fore end and front handguard end up about an inch from the front sight. Is this right? I also notice that when I splice the sporterized fore end with the "repair" tip, that I got online, the total length of the newly spliced fore end is only about 27 1/2 inches long. Is this correct? Please assist.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.