Own a early N0.4 Mk1 Fazakerley Enfield Rifleicon that I am getting ready to load for. The bore is a near mint 2 groove. Thought I would start by slugging the barrel before ordering up some bullets. Lubed the bore & a lead .314'' diameter pistol bullet, and ran it down the bore. The bullet measured .304"+(not quite .3045") by .318"+(again not quite .3185"). Measured with a good vernier caliper and a micrometer. To be sure I read the bullet 5 times. And just for good measure, ran a second bullet down the barrel and measured it. The results were the same. I have yet to shoot this rifle, though I have owned it for over 5 years, so do not know how military or commercial ammo would preform from it. The question I have is should I use a bullet like a jacketed 'J' bore 8mm Mauser bullet .318"diameter? What size cast bullet would be best? Thinking a 175 jacketed 'J' bore bullet would be best weight wise, so as to keep the load in the same weight category. Any advice would really be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.