Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dickicon View Post
It really must be storage/temperature extremes that kills the primers. There is good and bad of all Mk.7 as old tanker says. Incidentally, the tightest groups in my little Mk.7 accuracy/consistency test was from Iraqi dated 1962.
I totally agree... It's hard to beat mk7 ball, especially in Britishicon made cartridge cases... I'm definitely going to shoot for accuracy soon with my royal lab 1939 ammo. My no4 mk2 luckily has an awesome barrel with no wear or pitting. I originally bought this POFicon ammo for the purpose of pulling the corodite and mk7 bullets from the POF and loading it into new primed cases but since it's performance is like new, i dont see a point... Not yet anyways. I have had a bad batch of POF many years ago in a different country and the ammo at the time was less than 20 years old if i remember correctly. Storage is key. I have emptied the 32 round pOF boxes and dumped them in a ammo can, with a 10 gram silica packets... Maybe that helps, maybe not. If the primer is already gone then it is, but i thought it may help. Thanks for the reply.