Hello,

This is my first Lee Enfield and really my first "restoration" project. My son and I enjoy shooting and learning about old firearms, particularly WWII. This won't be a properly documented restoration thread since I didn't really take any "before" pictures. I've been working on the rifle off and on as time permits for several weeks. I believe I have the mechanical issues sorted out so now I'm moving on to the cosmetic issues - particularly the woodwork.

I acquired this rifle from my brother-in-law when he decided he didn't have the time or interest in fixing it. When I took possession of the rifle, it had a sporterized fore-stock, crudely sanded butt-stock (I believe it is the original butt-stock), no magazine, mangled threads on the striker and no striker retaining screw. I have replaced the striker and striker retaining screw and purchased a replacement magazine.

Here's a few pictures showing most of what I'm working with. Please chime in if you have any observations about the markings or anything else you notice. Like I said, I'm new to Lee Enfield Riflesicon so I'm trying to learn as much as I can, as quickly as I can.

Thanks!
AT7WE2

Attachment 100223Attachment 100224Attachment 100225Attachment 100227Attachment 100231Attachment 100234Attachment 100237Attachment 100239Attachment 100240
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.