Thread: Killing two birds with one stone..

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Contributing Member
    Last On
    04-12-2024 @ 05:14 PM
    Local Date
    05-08-2024
    Local Time
    06:51 PM

Killing two birds with one stone..

Something I never intended to buy and wasn't even looking for, as I was looking for a new Royal Enfield cafe racer, I say new as the ones I was looking at are now being replaced by a newer model, but the ones still left in the dealers are offered at around £4000 on the road..... nice bike for what you get.

Anyway whilst looking on ebay an advert caught my eye, it was a Royal Enfield WD/C, not a complete bike but I had a think and contacted the seller......... made an offer and a deal was done.

It turned out the location was not far from Holts Auctioneers, very handy as I did a deal on some unsold lots and my FAC renewal had come through with my variations.

I dont intend doing much on the Enfield as yet, just sourcing the missing bits etc and to get it running, it has WD/CO crankcases with a WD/C cylinder head, so someone has made a Side valve engine out of a OHV engine. It was registered and it has been running at some point.

The previous owner passed away, but had started doing some small jobs on it, one was the petrol tank, which was sold as the Bike was in a separate storage so not known about until the V5 was discovered, I gather other bits may of been taken off at the same time ......

Picked the pistols up and bike yesterday, its a shame the Romans never did tunnels, its a pain in the rear trying to get to from The North West to East coast, as its a up and down or down and up drive.

and the pistols (more in the other Military service pistols and revolvers)

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 5 Members Say Thank You to bigduke6 For This Useful Post: