Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Real Name
    James Barchok
    Local Date
    04-26-2024
    Local Time
    06:47 PM

Gun show find

Went to a show yesterday and found some collector grade parts. One thing I was looking for was a relatively early Inland bolt. I think I hit the jackpot for someone else, but not for me. I found an early bolt alright! It is a very early type 2, complete. The ejector is odd in that it appears to be a completely flat tip. The firing pin is a type 1. The extractor spring plunger appears to be a modified type 1. These are very difficult to identify. The reason that I believe it is a modified type 1 is that normally the cut out on the tip is half way across the tip. On this one, it is less than half way leaving a round cone at the tip going part way down before hitting the cut out area. On top of that, the extractor is a modified type 1 (early type 2) with the rounded cut on the bottom of the flat. I have another one reserved in my collection so I know what they look like. An early bolt like this is what is needed for 4 and very low 5 digit Inlands. If anyone is trying to restore a real early Inland and needs this bolt, let me know and maybe we can arrange a deal. BTW, the marking is in the left lug and is small thin letters barely visible (AI).
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    When they tell you to behave, they always forget to specify whether to behave well or badly!

2. Thank You to jimb16 For This Useful Post: