Hello all,

I decided I'm gonna have everyone hold me accountable on this build instead of just sharing the finished product. I'll make mistakes along the way but maybe someone else can learn from them too.

I shared pictures of the stock already (attached here as well).

The rifle I bought as the foundation should be here in a few days. It's a Husqvarna in 9.3x62. This gives me a great starting point since the barrel is labeled appropriately, the bolt handle is nice (as opposed to a straight military bolt or poorly done bend job), and there's a barrel mounted sling swivel and rear sight with leaves. This gives me a lot of what I want without investing extra dough.

Of course I needed more tools. I bought a woodcarving vise and some cheap carving tools from Woodcraft for the inletting. This vise is AMAZING. I don't know how I lived without one.

Thus far, for the rifle and stock I'm in the project for about $700. Tools cost money too but they're usable for more than just this project.

The first thing I did was shave off the cheekpiece on this stock. I don't like them so I got rid of it. I'll post pictures of that tonight.

The next step will be inletting for the action once the rifle arrives.

Attachment 101543
Attachment 101544
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.