Hi Guys,
I need to common knowledge of the community (or a select few)
I will be acquiring a Mk I*** with a G prefix that was wire wrapped.
I say was because someone at some point removed it and tossed it.
I wish to re wrap it the proper way.

Now i have read just about every post on a multiple forums and have looked a what ever pictures i could find so i'm well aware of the Irish connection and the G serial prefix and it's meaning. That is one of the reasons i am acquiring it.

What i do need would be the size of the wire (or gauge or diameter what ever you choose to call it. Keeping in mind that it is the metal wire version and not the later copper wire.
Also of help would be the head size of the brass screws and the size of the head of metal braquets that were used in securing it to the stock.

I read the article of Peter Laidlericon and saw that the copper one was .060... but couldn't find anything anywhere about the earlier version.

The screw holes and the nail holes are still on the stock so this would be relatively an easy thing to do.

If possible any owners of this version of the grenade launcher that could share a few close up pictures of the wire wrapping and how it was secured would be more than welcomed.
Thank you for any help.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.