Threaded View

Last On
    03-08-2024 @ 08:57 AM
    Local Date
    05-03-2024
    Local Time
    06:37 PM

Original matching 1931 dated Trials rifle w/non matching scope

How do I post photos for this rifle? I had posted photos before, did something change or did I forget how?

As I checked and didn't see were I posted this rifle here before unless I missed it, so here it is.
    My 1931 dated Enfield Trials rifle, serial No. A1374. The rifle has been converted to a sniper and is still in it's original, unaltered, and non updated, sniper configuration with matching numbers. Rare to find a sniper still with original Trials parts as almost all most of these Trials rifle snipers had eventually been rebuild or upgraded through the years. The rifle’s numbers all "match" and it still has all the correct and original unmodified early Trials rifle parts with the exception it's missing the magazine cutoff. It has all the correct Enfield and inspector stamps and no updated parts. The scope and bracket are not matching to the rifle. The scope is a MKII and stamped, OS1650 (W. Watson & Son) and serial No. 14603. The scope bracket is numbered #AV3523 and stamped JG, (Rose Bros.). The old original scope numbers (#6041) are still lightly visible behind the receiver on top of the butt stock. The rifle is complete with the scope lens caps, and a leather 1907 US sling, dated and stamped Boyd 42. The stock has been lightly sanded otherwise the rifle is all original and in untouched condition. Overall a very scarce rifle that is still in its scarce original Trials rifle configuration having all its original and correct components/parts including the waisted front sight guard and a early rounded Mk VI cocking button with the side screw and an original early Enfield VI marked magazine. There are no London proof House stamps, except the right side of the receiver is stamped “Englandicon”. The rifle is still in excellent condition and still complete with its original rare Trials VI stamped “Enfield” magazine. Ray
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by rayg; 09-07-2019 at 07:23 AM.