I haven't taken the No.4 MK1* to the range in quite a while. I came up with a reason to get her out this summer.

I happened to find a Weaver V4.5 scope for a reasonable price. I also had an S&K scope mount that came as part of the deal when I got my No.5 MK1.

I decided to put the scope, mount, and No.4 together, and get some range time in.

The mount needed a little work. The threaded holes in the rear were messed up, so I took the mount to work and raised the hole centers slightly with an end mill then drilled through with a number drill which was a couple of thousandths larger than the rear sight axis pin. I then used the axis pin to secure the rear of the mount.

The mount only had two slots for the scope rings, which limits where the scope can be positioned. I felt the scope was too far back using the existing slots.

I machined another slot in the mount 1.437" forward of the rear slot. This allowed me to get both rings behind the turrets, and move the scope forward.

I was able to get to the range this past weekend to sight the rifle in.

I was using the blue target while adjusting the scope. I was firing three shot groups, and adjusting POI after each group. Finally got POA and POI to coincide fairly well.
I also fired two groups on the green target, upper right small diamond, after getting close to zero.

Accuracy isn't stellar with the cordite burned barrel, but not horrible.

A little load development might be in order. I was using Hornady 174 grain RN bullets and IMR 4064 for a velocity of 2200 fps.

All in all it was a good day.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.