Took a new No4 Mk2 out to zero the other day and do some preliminary accuracy testing... I don’t have any handloads made up currently and since it seems Hornady has ceased production on their .303 Vintage Match ammo I went out with some Remington UMC 174gr FMJ thinking it should work. Yea I got it zeroed but I was shooting at 3-4 inches at 25 yards. My initial thought was, ok this gun doesn’t like boat tails. But regardless I decided to go home and put my Fulton no drill mount on with a K3 and try again. With the UMC ammo I zeroed the scope and still got roughly the same accuracy. So again, not happy... Because I was there I decided to see how bad it was at 100 yards and while I didn’t measure it was pretty abhorrent. I also brought out some of the Hornady Vintage ammo I still had and tried that at 100 yards. With that I got a 5 shot group measuring just over 1.5 MOA. So in the end I’m happy with the rifle but I’ll be damned if I ever buy Remington UMC again.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.