Although I have Peter's "bible," don't recall reading anything about this there. Were the Sten mag feed problems we experience today also present in the equipment dropped to the Occupied Europe resistance forces? I'm not widely read on the resistance movements' technical problems, so hoping somebody here can expand. Sure would have been "inconvenient" to have multiple FTF problems during a gunfight with the SS or Heer.

Hopefully the brand-new mags supplied to the resistance forces were more reliable than the well used/abused pigs available to us today. Clearly the feed problems were present on some level then or soon after or the "single stack" mod wouldn't have been implemented.

I'm generally omitting the Commonwealth forces from this question because they had qualified and competent armorers (armourers?) to keep their gear running. It seems less likely the resistance fighters had the same quality of gunsmithing/testing available to the Army. (No insult to the resistance's capabilities; gunsmithing is one thing but test firing tends to draw attention, especially in areas where a neighbor was about as likely to be a collaborator as a patriot.)

I wonder whether this issue, if present, may have played a part in the resistance's well-known "no more Stens!" plea.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.