I can't afford a Luger, period. So I've been saving up points and gift cards for several years at Cabelas and after spotting half a dozen that looked good that were already spoken for by the time I made the phone call, I found one tonight in one of my random checks. 9:33 here but it was in Wisconsin so different time zone. It was available and I have it being shipped to my local Cabelas.

1914 Efurt that has all visible matching numbers except the magazine. 4 inch barrel. Blueing is worn but looks original. Bore is said to look good, not new but not worn out either. Wood grips look good, some wear to the points of the checkering. I'm not after a mint one so it suits my purposes. I'm trying to get representative examples of the major firearms of the major combatants of WWI and WWII. I put on displays. Kind of hate buying things sight unseen and I haven't actually purchased it yet, just $25 to have it shipped. Appears to have an (a) suffix. I read that only about 7000 were produced that year so it's not a common variation.

Pretty excited though. I know very little about these other than what the proof marks for Germanicon acceptance look like. Isn't costing me anything in the end either so hard to beat that. Already have a WWI holster for it.

What should I look for when I can inspect it in person? What would be a deal breaker? Would like to be able to shoot it but may not ever do so.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.