+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: RSM scope News..

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size
  1. #1
    Member fastback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last On
    03-31-2020 @ 03:32 PM
    Location
    argentina
    Posts
    30
    Local Date
    01-27-2021
    Local Time
    11:27 PM

    RSM scope News..

    A simple informative post since there are still no details or date of sale but I received news that RSM is working on a reproduction of the No 32 MK 3 which will be a welcome since all current reproductions are of the mk1 (2moa click and quite annoying to graduate)

    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

  2. Thank You to fastback For This Useful Post:


  3. # ADS
    Friends and Sponsors
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Milsurps.Com
    Posts
    All Threads
    Banner AD Space Available - Click HERE to Inquire Family owned and operated since 1962, Simpson LTD is the largest collector firearms store in the Midwest. Our globally sourced inventory represents many eras, with an emphasis on World War II and our favorite firearm, the Luger, of which we typically have 2,500 in stock.  Inventory changes daily with 10,000 firearms ready to ship; along with accessories, militaria, and hundreds of book titles. We also offer appraisals, consignment services ranging from single items to full collections, and we are one of the most reliable and competitively priced import and export services available.  We do not offer parts or gunsmithing, but we have a little bit of everything else. Visit our website for more information and our new technical video series Speaking Luger, and like Simpson Ltd on Facebook for updates, previews, and more. LIMITED TIME OFFER FROM THE AMERICAN GUNSMITHING INSTITUTE: Get Immediate Online Access To AGI's NEW Armorer's Course for Glock Pistols, Covering Every Generation of Glocks, Including the Latest Model 42/43 and Double Stack Pistols for ONLY $7.00! Brian Dick ... BDL Ltd. - Specializing in British and Commonwealth weapons Chuck in Denver ... Buy-Sell-Trade .. Guns, Cars Motorcycles Your source for the finest in High Power Competition Gear. Here at T-bones Shipwrighting we specialise in vintage service rifle: re-barrelling, bedding, repairs, modifications and accurizing. We also provide importation services for firearms, parts and weapons, for both private or commercial businesses. Banner AD Space Available - Click HERE to Inquire
     

  4. #2
    Advisory Panel
    Roger Payne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield, UK.
    Posts
    2,926
    Local Date
    01-28-2021
    Local Time
    04:27 AM
    Bugger! I've got a couple of real ones to restore & sell. I'd better get my skates on before mine become worthless......!$?!

    In all seriousness, if they make a good job of them & price them sensibly, I've no doubt they'll find a market. As with the real deal, most people's preference is for a Mk3.

  5. Thank You to Roger Payne For This Useful Post:

    MJ1

  6. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
  7. #3
    Really Senior Member Strangely Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 09:28 AM
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Age
    69
    Posts
    466
    Local Date
    01-28-2021
    Local Time
    04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Payneicon View Post
    In all seriousness, if they make a good job of them & price them sensibly, I've no doubt they'll find a market. As with the real deal, most people's preference is for a Mk3.
    This is an area being discussed (currently under review) by the classic & historic committee as to whether or not repro's should be allowed in competition under the guise, in the spirit of the original.

    I see no reason why not but if the reticules are thinner and the optics show a marked improvement or higher magnification than I fear they may end up being persona non grata in competition use.
    Mick

  8. Thank You to Strangely Brown For This Useful Post:


  9. #4
    Really Senior Member tr63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Location
    maine U.S.A.
    Posts
    368
    Local Date
    01-28-2021
    Local Time
    12:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fastback View Post
    A simple informative post since there are still no details or date of sale but I received news that RSM is working on a reproduction of the No 32 MK 3 which will be a welcome since all current reproductions are of the mk1 (2moa click and quite annoying to graduate)
    Where is RSM"s location and what is their track record on making a good reproduction No 32 scope ? Any ideal as to when they will offer the Mk 3 for sale ?

  10. #5
    Really Senior Member Roy W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    389
    Local Date
    01-27-2021
    Local Time
    11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangely Brown View Post
    This is an area being discussed (currently under review) by the classic & historic committee as to whether or not repro's should be allowed in competition under the guise, in the spirit of the original.

    I see no reason why not but if the reticules are thinner and the optics show a marked improvement or higher magnification than I fear they may end up being persona non grata in competition use.
    Mick, with the greatest respect to volunteer RO's at NRA comps, many can't tell the difference between whether a shooter should have a sandbag or not, have a tin hat target or an NRA roundel, use a sling, shooting jacket, bipod, or go off the elbows. Recognising whether a scope is genuine or reproduction is going to be a responsibility too far IMHO.

  11. #6
    Really Senior Member Strangely Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 09:28 AM
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Age
    69
    Posts
    466
    Local Date
    01-28-2021
    Local Time
    04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy W View Post
    Mick, with the greatest respect to volunteer RO's at NRA comps, many can't tell the difference between whether a shooter should have a sandbag or not, have a tin hat target or an NRA roundel, use a sling, shooting jacket, bipod, or go off the elbows. Recognising whether a scope is genuine or reproduction is going to be a responsibility too far IMHO.
    I'm inclined to agree with you Roy.
    There's far more basic stuff to sort out first before getting involved in the nitty gritty of scopes, I posted it because somebody on the working group mentioned it the other day.
    Mick

  12. #7
    Really Senior Member Roy W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    389
    Local Date
    01-27-2021
    Local Time
    11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangely Brown View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you Roy.
    There's far more basic stuff to sort out first before getting involved in the nitty gritty of scopes, I posted it because somebody on the working group mentioned it the other day.
    Agreed

  13. #8
    Senior Member Scout Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 03:38 PM
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    191
    Local Date
    01-28-2021
    Local Time
    05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fastback View Post
    A simple informative post since there are still no details or date of sale but I received news that RSM is working on a reproduction of the No 32 MK 3 which will be a welcome since all current reproductions are of the mk1 (2moa click and quite annoying to graduate)
    Red Star Mountain currently make a Mk2 which has 1MOA clicks.

  14. #9
    Really Senior Member Alan de Enfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last On
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Location
    Y Felinheli, Gogledd Cymru
    Posts
    1,960
    Local Date
    01-28-2021
    Local Time
    04:27 AM
    Mine are not the best, but they are not too bad. I can think of lots of Enfields I'd rather have but instead of constantly striving for more, sometimes it's good to be satisfied with what one has...

  15. #10
    Really Senior Member amadeus76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last On
    01-23-2021 @ 08:18 PM
    Location
    Harker Heights, tx
    Posts
    296
    Local Date
    01-27-2021
    Local Time
    11:27 PM
    Are the RSM scopes any good? Would they hold zero under normal range use?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. In the news...
    By Paul S. in forum The Watering Hole OT (Off Topic) Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2018, 09:51 PM
  2. Interesting News!
    By John Kepler in forum M1 Garand/M14/M1A Rifles
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts