hello all,
I was hoping to get some professional opinions on this before I attempted to use it as a spare on my carbine. I have a type 3 slide that was labeled a type 4 when I bought it.I should have caught the arm joint differences in the pictures on the listing but I didn't catch it until I held it in my hand. I'm thinking about keeping it if it poses no safety issues. My carbine currently has a type 4 slide which has the increased dwell time to my understanding. Does a type 3 slide on a shooter carbine pose any risks? Would a type 3 allow the bolt to open too quickly before the pressure from the cartridge has fully been released? I do not want any hot gases thrown in my face and this would be used on a spring tube Winchester that has been well-used and has fired who knows how many thousands of rounds during its life besides the thousands of rounds I have put through it myself over the years. Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.