This is my first post so take it easy on me. Larry is a dear friend who has asked me to help him sell a few firearms that he has owned for many years (lifetime). This is a type 99 arisaka that his uncle brought back from the Pacific. His uncle was a diesel mechanic on a LSM (Higgins landing craft) that was transferring Japaneseicon prisoners near and after the war from various pacific islands to ships to be send back to Japan. On one of the islands there was a pile of Jap rifles and the marine guarding the prisoners said help yourself. This is the rifle he picked from the pile and what I have been able to find out about it with the help of Trey Stancil and his data sheet (thanks Trey). The gun is a series 5 Nagoya serial 53xxx. It has matching numbers on on bolt (inside and out) and has a combination of early parts and transitional parts. The cleaning rod hole is only partially drilled, the back barrel band is the type that will not accept a monopod. Bore is probably not chromed but is bright and rifling is very clear. Normal dings on wood but no splits. What I would like to know from you knowledgeable collectors is what is the condition of this rifle on a scale of 1 to 10. It really appears to me to be a solid honest example of a bring back gun. Thanks for your expertise and help.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.