Inherited an 1897 take down that belonged to my great grandpa. I don't know much about these, but have been doing some research to find as much as I can.

Serial # is E941xxx which I found dated to 1942, barrel is also stamped 42. It has the US Flaming bomb markings on the receiver as well as the bomb on barrel with what appears to be WP markings, but they're pretty rough and hard to make out. The stock has the "WB" cartouche and ordinance marking, but almost completely worn off. I actually didn't even notice the ordinance mark until it showed up in the camera. Not sure if it was ever a Trench/riot gun or what. There is no barrel shroud, sling swivels, or bayonet lug. The barrel is just under 20" cyl bore and doesn't have a bead site.

The things throwing me off on this is, There isn't a bead on the barrel, and the coloring is more of a brown than blued, which may just be discoloring from sitting in a corner for 25ish years.

Attachment 104172Attachment 104171Attachment 104173Attachment 104174Attachment 104175Attachment 104176Attachment 104177
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.