My Christmas present is this fuze igniting pistol Mk V that walked into a local show. According to the list of changes, the design was accepted in 1915. This one is a bit of a puzzler in that it has the Mk V model marking and what I assume is a 1941 manufacturing/acceptance date. The date could be a serial number. There are no broad arrow or other military markings. The maker is Mitchell marked on the frame. The 26 number on the grip is probably an inventory number. It has a spring steel belt clip. It fires a .38 cal. special blank center fire cartridge. In use the cartridge was inserted in the rotating breech block and the barrel shroud was loosened to allow the split barrel to expand allowing the fuze to be inserted into the barrel. The shroud was tightened to hold the fuze in place during firing.

It is missing the breech block detent plunger, spring and retaining screw.
Can someone confirm my thinking that it was made in 1941 for the war or is it just a commercial version?

Attachment 104374Attachment 104375Attachment 104376
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.