Hello, My first post here. I picked up a decent No4 MK1* Saturday. I inherited a sporterized Enfield 20 years ago from my Dad. He had done it in the 60s long before they were deemed collectible. It’s a great shooter and quite accurate. I’ve casually looked for a NON sporterized Lee Enfield for a little while and came across one Saturday. It’s far from perfect and somebody appears to have stripped and sanded the butt stock. I was told the barrel had been replaced at some point but the other numbers seem to match. It’s a 99C US Property stamped. Given the butt stock looking much different than the rest of the stock, I’m not sure where to go with the finish. I would have preferred that it hadn’t have been stripped. Not sure if everything else is correct for the model yet. I’m not a collector at all but a shooter, however I would like to be generally correct.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

I'll post the pics as soon as I figure it out

Mike
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.