I am working on a Ross Mk2 that I won on a auction . To check the bolt I used 303 brass with just a primer , no powder or bullet and I thought it went pop there was a dimple in the primer but was wearing ear muffs and was a lot of background noise . Now after swapping out the ugly original stock with another and cleaning it best could I loaded a few live rounds to test fire with it strapped down in a gun vise .No joy , was no big bang but like before had dimples in primer . Is the firing pin tip broke , it sticks out of bolt head some . Best can tell from tip of firing pin to the end of it shows 5.83 , this is with bolt only partly apart . I do not have a tool to remove the pin from bolt body but am making a tool to remove the pin . So till I can remove the firing pin to get better look at it what is your thoughts on it , can someone tell me the correct length to compare . If it checks out I will replace the spring . If tip is broke may try find a gunsmith or someone to weld/solder a repair cause have not seen many firing pins for sale .
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.