The basic action for rifle 1943 BSA No. 4 MK. I (T) serial number AN7177 is for sale 2020-02-07 on GUNBROKER.COM at WWII British No4 Mk1* Enfield Sniper Rifle Action - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 856121517 It has the bolt matching the body, but it is missing the butt assembly, backsight assembly, barrel, hand guards, fore-end and bands. It has the M47 (for BSA Shirley), "TR", and "S" marks. There is NO "T" mark. The seller is rothsteyr in Rupert, Idaho, 83350.

Normally the lack of the "T" would suggest that it was a No. 4 Mk. I (T. LESS TELESCOPE) though those are usually early Stevens-Savage rifles or late war British made rifles. I this case the telescope bracket numbered to this action showed up three years ago.

The bracket was up for sale on eBay.com by funstuff4sale11 in Meridian, Idaho. Auction 162676541370 September 19, 2017. It was made by Dalglish, marked "N92" and numbered to rifle AN7177. It had the clamps numbered D101 and D102.

So ... who has the bracket now? It would be nice to see the bracket and action mated up in a restoration.

By posting the information here, it should ensure that a restorer does not try to falsely match a scope to this set by numbering a butt. On the other hand, the matching butt, scope and scope case are most likely in Southern Idaho if they survive. Meridian and Rupert are about 173 miles apart in southern Idaho.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.