Looking at one of these (below) exactly as described. Sorry, unable to post pics. It's all-matching except for the mag. In the 3,000 serial number range. Appears to have been re-parked a long time ago and has light rust and some pitting over the finish. The slide has been heat treated.

I have several Sistemas and am able to find values for those but cannot locate any of the Hartford's to get comparable values. I've searched Gunbroker and some other sites and have read the sticky on the 1911 Forum. Can anyone help me with a value or any comps for comparison? Are they valued lower or higher than the Sistemas?

THE 1927 HARTFORD ARGENTINE ARMY MODELS

The 10,000 Hartford Colts made for Agentina prior to production of Sistemas were delivered from 1927 to 1933, serial #’s 1-10,000." The production period was from July 28, 1927 to February 16, 1928. Serial numbers were stamped in Colt’s italic numbers on top of the slides, under the mainspring housing, and (usually) on top of the barrel.

On the left side of the slide (the Colt logo is stamped behind these lines):
"COLT'S PT. F.A. MFG. CO. HARTFORD CT. USAicon"
"PATD APR. 20, 1897,SEPT. 9, 1902,DEC. 19, 1905,FEB. 14, 1911,AUG. 19, 1913."
On the right side of the slide is the Argentineicon Crest and:
"EJERCITO ARGENTINO"
"COLT CAL. 45 MOD. 1927"
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.