Last On
    Yesterday @ 08:07 AM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    04-26-2024
    Local Time
    10:30 AM
    The walls are beginning to be built around New York. Figuratively anyway. Several states are putting any New Yorkers they find into 14 day quarantine whether they want it or not. Many New Yorkers are fleeing the city like rats from a sinking ship and going to neighboring states of flying to warmer locations in Florida. In a somewhat related matter Trump is considering a complete quarantine of New York, New Jersey and part of Connecticut which will be enforceable. So far most quarantines or stay at home orders have been more or less voluntary and have only come from state or city governments. Cuomo, the governor of New York opposes it which probably means it's a good idea. City officials were as late as yesterday telling city residents to continue using the subway and at the same time decreasing the number of trains which increased the number of people per car. It's almost like they don't have a clue what social distancing is.

Locally, my county and PA as a whole continue to see increased numbers of positive cases and deaths but the numbers remain manageable. About a third of the state's counties and most of the population is now under stay at home orders which as I said above are not being enforced through fines or jail time. You can go out for just about anything so long as you don't congregate in groups or with people outside your household. Social distancing being the key. If you are not practicing it, they will tell you to move along. Most people are staying home today other that visits to the grocery stores which are seeing another rush with the stay in place order. I've been out playing Pokemon in my car which is allowed, total social distancing there. The park was completely empty, traffic finally light elsewhere.

Most restaurants including fast food are delivering now, for free for the most part from what I can tell. I was sorely tempted to get Taco Bell at lunch today but I was strong and ate a can of Chef boy ar dee and a couple of hotdogs. Jurassic Park marathon on TNT.

2. The Following 2 Members Say Thank You to Aragorn243 For This Useful Post: