Last On
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Real Name
    Steve
    Local Date
    04-27-2024
    Local Time
    06:26 PM
    It appears people have had enough of the shutdown. Yesterday was a really weird day. We left the house in the morning to go plant our garden which is at the church. Roto-tiller sheared a bolt after 1 foot. I was not happy but headed across town to Agway for a new one. Drove past another hardware store along the way. Parking lot was packed. Agway parking lot was so full I almost went elsewhere but I knew they had the bolt so I went in. checkout lines with 15 people in them going both left and right. Parts department had numerous people waiting. I was there about 20 minutes for a stupid bolt. Went back to the garden finished tilling and planted and then we took off for a greenhouse for tomatoe plants. Crested the hill and it was a OMG moment. The road on both sides had cars parked in the grass for 100 yards before and past the property. The parking lots were full. My wife says, lets just go and I told her she should come Monday. But as I slowly drove by, I didn't see a line for the checkout so I found a place for the car went over and OMG, the line had at least 40 people in it. It exited the building and went past the fronts of two others. We left. Supermarkets have been full all weekend. Wife asked if there was another shortage. There isn't that I'm aware of, I just think people want out and are going to whatever is open. Our smaller businesses are a mixed bag, some opened some did not but those that were were frequented. Maybe it's just the refreshing feeling of freedom or defiance, who knows. The fearful of course are all complaining we are all going to die now. It's like since everyone else is out, they have to go out. I actually got in an argument with a woman that says its not fair because she can't go shopping so everyone else should suffer. I told her, the stores will deliver, the stores will bring the stuff to your car, you can get family and friends to shop for you. Her counter, some people don't have friends and family or cars. Not sure what she expects. If that's the case, how did she get her groceries before the shutdown. No explanation.

2. Thank You to Aragorn243 For This Useful Post: