Greetings All,

I have a 1942 Long Branch Enfield that was re-milled at Fazerkerly in 1952. All of the forward woodwork is reddish, and the fore end is serial numbered to the rifle. However, the stock is brown with a brass butt plate. I am tall and I would like to have the longer stock, as well as have the rifle be as it came from the Long Branch factory. So, what wood do I need to match the fore end? Also, what butt plate is correct?

I'm kicking myself for not finishing this when Springfield Sporters was still in business.

By the way, the fore end did have a loose fit when I bought the rifle. The rifle had "bad knees" I think they call it. From Milsurps.com I learned that I could soak the fore end in raw linseed oilicon (which I found I could order from Menards) and turpentine. I had quite a problem with buying leaky wallpaper pans, but ultimately did soak the fore end enough that it does again fit tightly. So, the fore end that is serial numbered to the rifle does again fit. Thanks for that.

Del
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.