Real Name
    Ovidio Gentiloni
    Local Date
    04-30-2024
    Local Time
    12:19 PM

SPAS 12

Hi Gentlemen,

I'd like to introduce my beloved SPAS 12 in full military version.
    8 rounds tube magazine, folding stock, U-shaped extension for single-hand shooting, new-type cross bolt safety.
    It is a very controversial gun in the field of shotguns, but I had my good experience with it and would not swap it with any other gun.
    This one, as you see it here, has shot at least 15.000 rounds of slug, buckshot and bird ammo.
    I used it for a few years in military dynamic shooting contests, and never had trouble, no breakages, and, sincerely, I can't remember any feeding or similar issues.
    It is muzzle heavy, but if you need to double a shot it is extremely stable.
    It cycles faster than most people would credit it for. Actually faster than most people are able to shoot it.
    It can be used as a club if you run out of ammo.
    I bought it in 1995, just out of Military Service just because it was so cool...an I loved it since.
    Purists of shotguns will look down at it, it is a good semiauto, not a great pump action shotgun, but it was never intended as such. Pump action is for non-lethal ammo or gas or other weird stuff like bean bags. This was meant as a semiautomatic shotgun, able to stand any abuse.
    It is a tad weird to use. Actually necessarily so. Reloading requires pressing the bolt-release button on the left side. When you chamber a round, the lever safety left of the trigger guard automatically engages, so you need to remember it and take it out, but it is a really pleasant gun to shoot. Felt recoil is not very much due to the weight and the semiauto system.
    The sights, if you know how to use them, are great. They look like aperture sights, but they are not. You need to use them like classical dove-tail rear sight and normal front sight post. The ring around is just for...who knows.
    Wifey and son love to shoot it.
    The metal stock is actually incredibly comfortable. Stable and...not punishing at all.
    It is my last ditch defence instrument in my defensive plan. With 00 buckshot.
    The only real shame is that it does not take magnum loads. Who knows why...
    Attachment 106336Attachment 106337Attachment 106338Attachment 106339Attachment 106340Attachment 106341Attachment 106342Attachment 106343Attachment 106344Attachment 106345
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Ovidio; 03-21-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Typo
    34a cp., btg. Susa, 3° rgt. Alpini

2. Thank You to Ovidio For This Useful Post: