Hello, this is my first post on these forums so I apologise if I make any mistakes. I have, for some time now, been fascinated by the linley co 20 round Lee Enfield magazines, and have wondered what happened to the remaining stock of them after the first world war. I have heard many people say they went to India after being purchased by Vickers for use in the Vickers berthier lmg development, which seems plausible. I have also heard they went to Canadaicon for inter war machine gun development. To date I have seen one picture of one in a lmg that I don't recognize as it is likely a prototype. Does anyone have any idea what happened to them wherever they went? Many have said they were likely destroyed after the failure of the Vickers berthier lmg, but is it possible they were instead converted to 10 round magazines? Is it possible that somewhere in India or Canada or elsewhere there is a pile of 20 round Lee Enfield magazines waiting to be discovered? Anyways does anyone have any ideas where they ended up? It amazes me how often relatively commanly issued accessories for the Lee Enfield disappear into obscurity like the WWI night sights, the Flanders flap, and countless other bits and bobs. Anyways thanks for any info you may have.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.