I was trolling GB and I found what is advertised as "Enfield 1901 Receiver, Bolt & Trigger assembly", Sale #863072674.

I've been known lately to pick up Stray Enfields that are beat down so I checked it out.
After looking it over, it does not seem quite right even through the fuzzy pics.

I'm wondering if it is a Kyber made rifle action. The receiver looks bowed in the middle from the side views, well to me nothing looks straight on the whole thing. The inspection stamps on the breech look similar to the pics Badger put up in “Khyber Pass” Lee-Enfield No.I Mk.III* Rifle" and many other things make me suspicious. In one of the pics, it looks like a modern serial number is stamped on the left side of the receiver forward of the charger bridge, which is close to where one of the Kyber guns pictured in "Khyber Pass Enfields (Lots of Pictures)" by Alan De Enfield on this site.

I'm curious to know what persons who know what they are talking about think if it
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.