Does anyone have photos or diagrams of the two "uni-directional ratchet plate" assemblies used on the SOE/CISA 22.5" suppressor? Peter's book has photos that show the right side only, and Linda Cox' scale drawing in the book shows the can only.

This setup apparently had at least three major parts: the ratchet plate attached to the butt end of the suppressor tube, and what appears to be a two-part ratchet plate that bolted (?) to the front end of the receiver tube. In addition, apparently a spring was attached to the receiver tube fitting (or the fitting was itself made of spring steel?).

It's obvious from the pics in Peter's book how the ratchet plate was designed and fastened to the outer suppressor tube, but the receiver fixture design is not at all clear.

It appears these ratchet plates operated in addition to the normal ratcheting system where the barrel catch nut secured the standard barrel nut into the barrel bushing welded to the front of the receiver tube. Either that or the standard barrel catch nut teeth were ground off (which makes absolutely no sense) and the ratchet plate assemblies performed the entire job of keeping the can tight against the receiver. In short, I don't understand why these ratchet plates were necessary in addition to the normal barrel catch nut.

I've fabbed the entire can (legal in the US with tax stamp) except for the ratchet plate assemblies and it works great as-is. Hope somebody has the necessary info so I can wrap this up!!

I've checked all my other Sten books and innumerable websites and have come up empty.

TIA.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.