Threaded View

Last On
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time
    08:49 PM

NPM Carbine with 2 Odd Parts

For some unknown reason, I decided to take down my late Summer/early Fall of 1943 National Postal Meter Carbine from late in the first serial block, 1,548,992. I had not previously pulled the recoil plate, and I was somewhat surprised to find a PR-B marked plate, identified as a Type-3 for IBM, which was introduced in late Summer/early Fall of 1943 - but not identified as part of NPM assembly

So I did an advanced search, and came across this thread of another NPM: https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=61277

There was not much else for the PR-B marked plate, except that it was said a hundred times to be used on IBM. And I found plenty of support which showed rebuilt carbines, or 'corrected' carbines from IBM with the PR-B plate. But danged if I could find a reference to an original IBM carbine with a PR-B recoil plate.

But I digress.

I have a really nice carbine. All parts are matched for age/patina/wear. Only the recoil plate and sear don't fit the scheme. And the sear does not appear on any internet reference, as a B1 marked part. I don't have any book references.

Anyway. I'll start with some pics of the overall gun. I do have all the marked parts pictured as well, but they won't fit in one post with a 20 image limit. I can add them later if needed.

Thanks for any comment on the recoil plate, sear and carbine as a whole. And thanks for looking.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I guess I should probably show the markings on the two odd parts!

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 3 Members Say Thank You to martin08 For This Useful Post: