This gorgeous carbine really deserves its own thread. The stock is the cleanest stock I have ever had, and was probably new when put on during rebuild. Metal wear is minimal. From the makeup of the parts, it is possible that when Underwood rebuilt it after the war, they stamped the Inland slid and put it in a new old stock SG stock with U rebuild stamp.

NO THE SG STOCK IS NOT FOR SALE OR TRADE! It is part of this carbine's history.

Inland with Serial number 6400389. The barrel is Inland dated 11-44 which seems about right. It has a Type III rear sight "I.R. Co" stamped, which appears to be correct and original, a Type III band and lug "KI" which would be original. The bore is bright and muzzle crown is crisp. Did not have a gauge or M2 ball to check, but it looks awesome.

It has an Inland trigger housing is a type 5 with the vertical Inland stamp.
Hammer is either HI or NI, indistinct, mag catch is Type 3 stamped HI, and safety is Type 3 push safety, unmarked.

The bolt is Type 3 round, stamped A.I. and blued with wear, which would also be correct. The slide is a Type V with Inland part number inside and large U Underwood rebuild randomly stamped on the bottom of the box.

The stock is pristine. It has SG in a box and crossed cannons on the right side. It has an Underwood rebuild stamp ".U." just behind the wrist on the left side, and an X and some other letters in the sling well.

More to come. In almost 40 years of using, shooting and having M1icon Carbines, this is bar far the nicest I have ever owned. It surpasses the 1943 "correct" Inland I got from the family of a retired Army officer who served in the ETO in WW 2!

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.