Attachment 108313Attachment 108314Attachment 108315Attachment 108316Attachment 108317Attachment 108318Attachment 108319Attachment 108320Attachment 108321Attachment 108322Attachment 108323Attachment 108324Attachment 108325

Sorry for all the photos. I'm a collector of U.S. military rifles, primarily. But, owning a Lightgow SMLE, I also wanted a nice No. 4 to go with it. And, a Long Branch is something I held out for. Well, I finally found one locally, at what I consider a good price. I brought this home today. It''s dirty as heck. Bore is dirty as well, but good rifling is very visible. The bolt # matches the receiver, and I don't see serial numbers anywhere else. I was wondering if anyone could chime in and tell me exactly what I have? It also has the bayonet frog. My concern is the wood. Although, it is some beautiful walnut, unsanded it would appear, someone has done some carving on it. Are these commonly done by the soldiers, or was this Bubba? Also, notice how some strange cutouts where done on the lower handguard. I don't understand that at all, and the arrow? I think I can steam and lightly sand the carvings from everywhere else, but no way to repair that handguard. Are there any places I can purchase a lower handguard, with the grooves? Thanks for looking. Oh, I got it for a steal...225 American dollars. I think I did okay.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.