Picked this up at the first weekend of a local flea market this morning. Not in the best of shape but I didn't pay a lot for it either. Bottom snap is broken which seems to be a very common issue with these. Must have been a bad lot or something. It's all there, I may try JB welding it in place. The top layer of the snap is separated from the lower portion and just stays in the top of the snap.

Limited research suggests these were issued to Marine Corps pilots. Anyone else? Seems a rather limited group if that is all but pretty cool if it is.

It is soft and pliable but the exterior is dry. I did treat it before the photos. 45 slide right in with no issues. I wasn't sure if this was for a 1911 or a Victory revolver as one site suggested. I did not know it was USMC until just a little bit ago when I looked at the photo and noticed the additional line.

If anyone can tell me more about these I'd appreciate it. Figured I could afford taking a chance on it for $25.00 if only for my display.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.