$1000 AUD Starting Bid

Ebay Link: WW1 Scope Warner And Swasey Telescopic Musket Sight Model Of 1913 (RARE) | eBay

A Fine Untouched Example Of A Warner And Swasey Musket Sight Used On Ross Rifles, Springfield 1903 and Benet-Mercie Machine Guns During WW1

Some of the clearest optics I have seen for a scope like this in years!

Back Story:
Originally purchased over eBay from an old Frenchicon man who (from what I made out over google translate) found it in the old barn behind his house

Replacement rubber eyecup (not original) as seen in photos included

History (see below): From americanrifleman.org:

The W&S telescope was a prismatic design that allowed for a wide field of view for the then relatively high power (6X) of the scope.

The main difference between the M1913 and its predecessor was the lowering of the power to 5.2X to improve light-gathering characteristics. The outside configuration of the body was slightly changed as were the elevation dial and locking nut. The method of attachment to the rifle and virtually everything else was identical to the M1908 model.

The M1913 superseded the M1908 variant and was the standard U.S. Army rifle telescope at the time of the United Statesicon’ entry into World War I.

Some M1913 W&S scopes were fitted to select M1903 rifles during the late 1916 to early 1917 period, although most were assembled in Fiscal Year 1918.

A quantity of only 1,041 M1913 W&S sights were installed on M1903 rifles in fiscal year 1918.

The last shipments noted for these rifles/scopes was December 1919. Examples found today that are not marked with serial numbers inside the dovetail recess were surplus and were not fitted to rifles. Obviously, such scopes were not items of issue during the war.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.