Attachment 110233Attachment 110234Attachment 110235Attachment 110236Attachment 110237Attachment 110238

Hi all,
I'd like to share my first Italianicon rifle purchase with the group. Bought because the price was right and it looked in pretty good condition for a 19th Century rifle.

A little research has shown that I have an Italian Vetterli 1870/87/15 I believe. It has stamps showing conversion to 6.5mm in the Great War, and another for use by the AOI in WW2. I presume it came to Canadaicon via Britishicon capture in East Africa. I can't find any dates, only a "4" below the Brescia stamp. Under the stock are a lot of inspection stamps with numbers in the 30's which might be dates I suppose, but I didn't photograph these while I was cleaning it all and stabilizing the rust.

Any info from the experts would be appreciated. I'm really pleased that a spur of the moment purchase turned out to have such a storied life.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.