Quote Originally Posted by Eaglelord17 View Post
#4 is a major issue. Depending on the magazine design making it work would either require significant modification (well outside the skill set of most modern 'gunsmiths'), or possibly a brand new magazine fitted to the rifle. Lee Enfields and Mosin Nagants magazines are both designed from the ground up for a rimmed cartridge, its much harder to make a rimless design work with a rimmed round. If its single stacked there likely isn't enough room, and if it is double stacked you would have to do a ton of work just to get a couple rounds into it (capacity would likely be greatly reduced).

My recommendation if you really want a .30-30 bolt action is to find one of the 1889 Swissicon sporters that are kicking around in .30-30 (tend to be pretty cheap too). Not saying what you want isn't possible, but the cost to actually do it would likely be significantly more than buying a gun made that way would be.
well if you got some links to them ide be happy

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

30-30 would be my ideal. I love the cartridge and it has never failed me. I just have no further interest in hunting or target shooting with a lever action. arm and hand injuries make it annoying as hell for me.

I would be content or happy with military rifles in cartridges that had the same recoil/hunting power as the 30-30, but those not so easy to find.