Threaded View

Last On
    08-29-2020 @ 06:26 PM
    Local Date
    04-29-2024
    Local Time
    11:59 PM

New here, I have some questions people maybe ablle to help with

I have an M1icon Carbine rifle the belongs to a gentleman who will likely die in the next few months. I am a gun dealer but hardly knowledgeable in old guns. I told him I would get a valid estimate on his rifle before buying selling it online. He told me he is not worried about the money but does not want his wife to deal with this stuff. He said this rifle belonged to his father who was a fur trapper filling contracts for the US government when or during WW2 Sometime after the war he was given this rifle from someone in the government as a gift for his work. He does not know who or what the person. He said it is a Saginaw Gear Prime rifle. I have only started reading up on this and I'm more confused now than 5 hours ago when I started. I will get some photos and figure out how to post them. For now, I will post what I see. The receiver says Saginaw S'G' the Sn is 1800XXX the barrel says Buffalo Arms 6-1943 has a P. There is a flaming bomb under the date. the front band is a UI and the rear part that holds the receiver is a (w) the wood has no marks on the outside but looks like it may have a low spot that could have been sanding down markings. the area where the sling goes into the stock opposite to the oiler area, it looks like there is an (o , s and backward 4 ) The bolt hold back looks like a door with a round top, there is an S on the sight, I have not removed the wood yet. The Magazines have markings too but I don't have them with me. Tomorrow.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by seabeemike; 08-29-2020 at 02:23 AM.