Thread: NOS No.5 Buttpad Grunge (not cosmo)

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    04-26-2024 @ 08:33 PM
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    09:25 AM

NOS No.5 Buttpad Grunge (not cosmo)

I previously posted a request for help with removing old/caked cosmolineicon from the supposedly new No.5 buttpad I received from Apex. Although the suggestions y'all gave were quite helpful in removing that particular grunge, it turns out Apex had sent me a hard-used pad with all sorts of gouges, deep slices, etc., and was also hard as a rock. This is not the first problem I've had with products shipped by Apex, but they've always made good.

The replacement pad is supposedly WW II (or thereabouts) NOS. I've heard "aftermarket" pads exist and hope this is really is NOS as represented by Apex.

Anyway, it is a pliable black rubberlike material, but the black rubber is covered with a thin whitish or pale gray cast to the surface on all sides. No cosmo on this pad. See the pics for details.

Attachment 110921Attachment 110922Attachment 110923

I tried washing it with several kinds of soap (hand, dishwashing, etc.) and although the original black surface returned, the whitish cast reappeared by the next morning. Since I don't know what it is I'm at a loss on how to permanently eliminate it and get back to the original black.

Suggestions on how to remove the cast and protect the surface so it doesn't recur?
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to tj214 For This Useful Post: