Hello, I recently inherited a Remington 1903 manufactured in 1941 according to the serial number, so not an A3. As shown in the pictures it has a drilled and tapped side scope mount that has been drilled and tapped several times. It is loose and will need repair if I keep this setup. From what little information I can find it looks like it had a rear receiver sight (Lyman 48 or Redfield 102 S ???) this is based solely on the 2 sight mounting holes as shown in the pictures and trying to find info online. So getting to the questions, what are some aftermarket rear iron sight options for that type of mount and are there any Picatinny rail mount options for a scope that don’t require drilling and tapping? All of the scope mounts that I have found seem to be for A3 models or for 1903’s that have different “screw holes” for lack of a better term. One other thing, is welding a scope rail on a viable option? And I plan on weld filling the old drill holes, does anyone see a problem with that? It will never be a show gun, I just want to be able to shoot it accurately.

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

I’m having a problem adding pictures. I’ll add them ASAP
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.