10-14-2023 @ 09:51 AM
    Real Name
    GEORGE
    Local Date
    05-10-2024
    Local Time
    05:53 AM

Swede Mod 38 as a scout rifle?

Okay so at 8.9 lbs it doesn't technically qualify as a scout if Col. Cooper's standards are to be applied. But since I'm the one carrying it, the colonel can get stuffed. Waiting on my sling kinda impatiently too. The stock is from RamLine and about twenty years old. Picked up the BadAce Gen2 Low Profile mount and it went on as nice as advertised. I bought one for my Mod 96 too and bought two Hi-Lux Scout scopes. The 2-7x32 for $140 each. The first one that arrived had a chip or occlusion on the inside of the front objective. Sent that back and the other was fine. Put that on my M96 because it has great eye relief. Instead of buying another Hi-Lux I went with the Vortex Crossfire II for $129. Wish I has gotten the Hi-Lux because the eye relief on the Vortex is terrible. At least in comparison. I had some offset rings and even though they're heavy it did help a bit. But still can't go above 6X or it's just too tight of a hole to look through comfortably. So I'll get a Hi-Lux and some lighter rings at some point. Now to zero it tomorrow and let's see if it holds zero through the fall.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Atticus Thraxx; 09-26-2020 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I transposed the lbs vs ozs
    I have a lot more experience than expertise, still have both eyes and most of my fingers though.